Thursday, January 26, 2012

Writing styles

Something I often do is have a story, write it for awhile, then abandon it. I dislike that I do this, but sometimes, years later, I will go back and continue, then re-abandon. That happened recently.

A few months ago, I read in Writer's Digest about a woman who writes scenes as she thinks of them, without any regard as to where they will end up in the stories. Now that I have abandoned yet another story, I have decided to try this approach. All too often, my stories get put away because I tire of writing exposition and I want to write scenes that I am more excited about. So this could be a good process for me. I have a story in my head. But only vaguely. This one seems like a good one to jump around in writing.


Cups of tea: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment