Monday, January 2, 2012

Imaginary Friends

A while ago, it must have been about a year or so, I came across this quote: "Writer's Block. When the voices in your head stop talking." I laughed, that's so true, blah blah. I didn't think I really related to it.
But now I realize that for a long time I did have voices in my head, sort of. Not the kind you usually think of - I do not "hear voices." When I was younger I imagined a crowd of people, all looking sort of the same, sitting in front of my old house 24/7. Literally, I imagined them sleeping there. It sounds extremely stalker-like, but it wasn't. They were just there, not really doing anything. When I was alone, I used to talk to them. I don't remember exactly what I used to say, but it stretched through kindergarten and maybe through first grade. At age three, they were the people I always visualized as the main characters of stories that were told to me. I don't think it was still that way by kindergarten, but I don't remember.
I'm not really sure why I wrote a blog post about this. I suppose I wanted to know, is anyone else like this? Or am I alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment