Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF

I shared the title with my Israeli friends, to which they said, "Oh, that's what it means!" So I'm proud to provide that info. I love being a know-it-all. Another thing about that is that today I was the only person in the class who knew where the Ganges River was. And it's not even in America, so it's not like that was a contributing factor. Then, in history class, guess what we're learning about? The events leading up to the American Revolution. The teacher won't call on me because she knows I have a wider scope of knowledge than the rest of the class on this topic (we just spent about two or three months on this kind of thing back home). She presented a slightly mistranslated version of "taxation without representation is tyranny!", which irritated me and called the Boston Massacre a "protest" which it wasn't really. And then I had these interesting tidbits of information which I was dying to share but couldn't because firstly, I couldn't get the translation together in my head, and secondly, the teacher was reluctant to call on me.

I love my Friday schedule - I only have four periods and it goes from 8:45 (that's when first period starts - teenager hours) until 12:15. On the way home I went to Abramovich Garden and ate my chocolate croissant, which took all of recess to procure at the kiosk, and I watched the alley cats, pigeons, and what I thought were hoopoes (the national bird of Israel). Then I made my way home.

After a bit, we went to my grandma's house for a mid-day meal of pepper soup, roasted beef, meatballs, and compote (yes, it was a ton of food). Then we bundled into the car and drove off to Haifa. Now we're here and my youngest cousin is asleep (after eating some of my kinder joy and greatly enjoying the plane that came in his), the middle cousin is reading a Phineas and Ferb Hebrew comic book (after being extremely loud the whole evening), and the oldest cousin has taken my nook and is searching the shop for science books. It's...interesting here, shall we say.

Cups of tea: 23

2 comments:

  1. when did Phineas and Ferb have a comic book?!

    Since when did they have a comic book in HEBREW?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have no idea. But apparently they're popular enough that they have some books in ebook form.

      Delete