Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Saying Goodbye, Day One

I am calling this day one even though I started my goodbyes a while ago. I don't know exactly where I started hearing "and if I don't see you before you go...", but it has been going on for about a month.
However, today is officially the last Tuesday before we go. Therefore, some of my activities today have been my last, including my afterschool program. It was strange, saying goodbye to these people. It's always been, "oh, see you next week," but today, no, it's goodbye, because the program is just for middle school.
It was also my last day of Hebrew class today, in which my teacher did not check our homework (and good thing too – I didn't do it) and sent me to the other room to fill out a packet while coaching the others in SAT prep. Yes, you can do Hebrew SATs. I was doing my own SAT packet and I finished well before the others. There was a lot of hugging and then we said goodbye.
People have been giving me a lot of hugs. Not that I don't normally hug people, it just seems that there is an abundance of hugging from people whom I don't usually hug. Teachers especially. It's a bit strange. Everything at this point is a bit strange.
So far, I have quite a few emails I will already have to be sending, along with some good old-fashioned postcards. All my friends, as well as my Hebrew teacher, have requested that I send them emails. Will do. Besides, it gives me an excuse to waste time on the internet. And my English teacher is the one who requested the postcards. I guess I'll do that too.

 Realness scale (how real it feels from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest): 4

No comments:

Post a Comment