Monday, January 23, 2012

Neutral

Today I had the sudden, wonderful realization that I felt neutral. Without forcing myself or holding myself away from negative thoughts. There was none of the depressed feeling in my stomach and I didn't feel giddy. Giddiness was what I thought was happiness in my depression. No, nothing. Neutral.

It doesn't feel bad, like something's missing. It feels very good, like some dirt has been scrubbed off.

I can't help wondering, is this how normal people feel? Because like Hazel of TFiOS, who doesn't remember breathing unassisted, I can't remember not being depressed. And it's only been a year and a half. Amazing what memories disappear in that time.

What is the noun form of neutral? I was thinking about that as I planned out this blog post in my head on the way home from school. Is it neutralness? Neutrality? Neutralation? What is the name for this unnaturally amazing unfamiliar feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment