Monday, January 23, 2012

J'ai fini!

So I proclaimed when I finished The Fault in Our Stars, aka the book that has officially topped my favorites list.

I am not going to hand out any spoilers. I want everyone to have the same experience I did when reading this wonderful will-be classic. As John Green himself said he hoped it would, it made me feel ALL OF THE THINGS! I did cry, I laughed more than once, it made me think. It is a beautiful work of fiction that somewhere, sometime, in some other parallel life, is true. Fiction is what we call something that isn't real in our world. But it's real, in a place that we call Imagination. Writers spend a lot of time there.

This book made me cry, but unlike Feed and Mockingjay, it did not make me feel depressed afterwards. I do not know if depression has left me. I do not care. Today it has at least gone on vacation. I am hoping very much that it stays there.

Now I have to, in some point in my life, read An Imperial Affliction, if it exists. I strongly encourage you to read TFiOS. It is the best book I've read in a while. And in the acknowledgements, he thanked Nerdfighters for being awesome! That's me! (And hopefully you as well...)

Cups of tea: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment