Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mars Bars

Today I finished my homework at four-ish and my mom took me to Dizengoff Center.

Originally we were going to go walk along Allenby Street and find a better backpack for me, but it started to rain. Israeli rain is cold and windy. So we went to the Center instead.

We weren't extremely successful in finding a bag there: the fact remains that we did not find one. We went to one of my favorite bookstores in the world - and by that I do mean in the world. I fell in love with another bookstore in Italy, but that's beside the point. This bookstore is called, fittingly, "The Library," since it is a great place to sit around and work in. There are reference resources, couches, a work table, and in the kids' corner there are poufs, rugs, and beanbags. The café area outside it has tables that are fashioned to look like piles of books. After spending more time than we needed to there, we ran a few errands, among them visiting the drugstore. At the counter, there were Mars Bars.

I have never tasted one (still haven't, in fact), but I have never seen Mars Bars at any of my local pharmacies. I didn't even know they existed until I read Harry Potter. And then in Maniac Magee, there is a character nicknamed Mars Bar who is always eating his namesake, and I remember distinctly the sentence that says, "Stone was softer than the kid's glare." So I have been wondering what a Mars Bar is. And I bought one. I haven't eaten it yet. But the description of chocolate-covered nougat and caramel sounds delicious.

Cups of tea: something like 35 or 36

No comments:

Post a Comment