Tuesday, January 17, 2012

French, Theater, and Rain

That was most of the day. French was first and last period (don't ask me why, I don't know). I also had geography, as well as shelach (של''ח), which is basically a class on Israeli geography and the like. Then I had theater class, which today was a giant improv class. It was probably one of the best classes yet, even though some people don't necessarily like it. There was absolutely no reading or writing involved, which made it a nice break from spelling and note-taking and such.

In French class we were asked to write a short conversation and present it, without memorization. I wrote one in my own French vocabulary. After my friend and I presented ours, the teacher took it and translated it for the class, since they didn't know half of it. "What, she speaks French fluently!" they said.

Geography was a sort of bore. It was all note-taking, but the subject was of fair interest to me. I was not intensely focused (which means I was doodling when I wasn't taking notes), but it wasn't all that bad, after he was through with yelling at people for not being prepared and talking.

Today was fairly uneventful in the ways of interesting Israeli habits. I ended an hour earlier than I thought I would, since I thought I had double French but I didn't, so I stood around for fifteen minutes after school and talked to my friends, who I have now discovered are entirely addicted to Dizengoff Center, the giant mall in the middle of Tel Aviv on two sides of the street. How much time does this mean I'll be spending there...? But I don't really mind, because the Center, as it's called, is awesome. There is absolutely everything there. It's much more fun than any other mall I've been to. After the fifteen minutes of talking my friends had an extra science class, so I started slowly walking home. I stopped by to inspect Abramovich Garden (I know! Abramovich!) which is the park in my neighborhood. I love the freedom I have here - I can get anywhere I need to on foot or on public transportation. It feels good to be able to do these things.

Cups of tea: 16; drinking #17

2 comments:

  1. 17 CUPS OF TEA?! *FAINTSSS

    ^^ But you have to promise you'll go to bread and choco with me when u get back

    btw how does Celestial_Lioness sound as a username? (Lioness cuz I'M A LEO!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will! I <3 bread and choco!!!

      Sounds good for a username...but for what???

      Delete