Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tall(ish)

Back in the US, when I'm around my friends and family, I generally feel rather short. My parents are taller than me. It's not so much my close friends as other people outside my group that make me feel short, although I do have one friend who is among the tallest girls in our grade. She's a few inches taller than me, but then again sometimes she wears high heels to parties. Then you almost have to crane your neck to look her in the eye.

But then I get here and I'm taller than half my extended family, including my eighteen-year-old cousin. It feels strange, to say the least. Most of these people have always been taller, or at least the same height, as me. They all tell me how tall I've gotten. It's really strange to be even a centimeter taller than them. Hmm.

And I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, my tall friend. But it's sorta true.

Cups of tea: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment