Sunday, January 8, 2012

Saying Goodbye, Day 6

Today is boring in some ways. Well, boring to talk about. But there's a whole lot to do.

I'm packing up my room right now, putting away half of my bookshelf, my glass bottle and jar collection, and my drawerful of notebooks. The next task is emptying the desk and putting away my typewriter. We have to do some (very) last-minute shopping as well. I have to pack my pens, notebooks, camera, and nook into my carry-on.

The strangest thing about today is that it's my last full day here before we go. Tonight is the last night. That is something far too outlandish for my mind to grasp at the moment. It feels like a normal Sunday, no ballet or any activities. Just staying home, doing what I have to do.

My aunt and uncle came from New York to help out and to take some stuff off our hands. It's great to hang around with them. You simply can't feel bad when they're around, so it's good that they're here. To think that in less than twenty-four hours I'll be on a plane - that's just crazy. Absolutely crazy. I can't imagine leaving here now.

It's weird, after I said goodbye to my friends, I felt like I was hanging in midair, with space all around me. I have no real obligations except to myself and to my family. It feels good, in a way. But also sad, because I'm not going to see my friends for so long.

Realness scale: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment