Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Theater

Because that was the highlight of the day. The other classes were French, in which I have learned what they learn in high school, geography, in which we watched a video on sharks (which, incidentally, don't have much to do with geography), and shelach (של''ח), in which we sorta reviewed stuff and got out of class about five minutes early.

Theater class. Well, the first thing that happened was the introduction of a part I may be playing in this college student's cinema project, in which, if he chooses me, I will be playing a tomboy who becomes girly. 'Tis exciting. And during recess my friends and I sort of went around, looked up something in the library, and went back to the theater room. That room is part of a basement, the walls painted black, the ceiling low with fancy lights and a small stage (which is really just a long step), and the stairwell pasted with endless posters, advertising plays and movies. In the theater room was most of the theater class, being crazy as they were normally. My friends and I set up chairs in the middle of the room, along with a few chairs as footrests. One of my friends propped up her feet on the other's, then two other boys dragged their chairs over and joined the foot-pile, then another girl, and I put mine on top. Eventually the person on the bottom started to complain, so we took our feet down, but somehow the sole of her boot fell off (no one knows precisely how) and the only thing we had to glue it back on was my roll of sellotape, so it was an interesting affair. During the second theater class (we had it double), we reviewed small sections of the production of Romeo and Juliet which we are doing. Neither I nor the other Shira has a part yet. But it was fun anyway.

One of the other highlights of being in theater is that I get to go to plays with my twenty-four person class (which, on a side note, is considered fairly small here). I know we're going to Hamlet sometime, as well as another play I don't remember. Isn't it awesome?

Theater class: the best.

Cups of tea: 26 (no tea pour moi today, but I did drink hot cocoa)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice having another Shira in the class with you? Couldn't find one here if you tried xP

    ReplyDelete