Friday, January 6, 2012

Saying Goodbye, Day 4

Today was a significant day: the last day at my middle school. Ever.
It was a considerable hugfest, with almost each teacher I said goodbye to hugging me. They all wished me good luck and safe travels. I thanked them. There isn't anything that you're automatically supposed to say when someone goes away for six months, so I suppose there wasn't much more to say. I'll miss them, I guess, in a nostalgic kind of way. Eighth grade has been one of the best years of my life so far.
In my last class, science, I did my best to call out and be like the people who I normally get so irritated about. I mean, what other chance did I have? And it wasn't like the packet we were doing, which will be a study guide for an upcoming test, was going to affect me. I mean, I read what I needed to. I know the material. I was one of the loud kids in the back of the class. It was one of the best science classes ever. I think the teachers gave me a bit of leeway today. I suppose if it were any other time of year, I would have at least gotten yelled at, but not today.
I bid goodbye to some of my friends. It's weird, but almost too real in a way, to say goodbye to them. I don't know exactly how to explain it. It's surreal, but at the same time it feels like the situation is too perceptible.
Then today I had my last pointe and modern classes. Fridays are always awesome because of those. It's strange, like everything else. But it had to happen sometime.

Realness scale: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment