Monday, January 2, 2012

Quote of the Week

I love quotes. I read them, interpret them, memorize them. So I have decided that, like my friend Yinuo was doing for a bit on her blog (http://fadingchildhood.blogspot.com/), I'm going to do a "quote of the week." One quote every Monday. Something for me to look forward to.
So. This week's quote is from Feed by M. T. Anderson. I read that a few days ago. It's something that I have been saying for awhile, which is why I like it so much.

"'It makes good times even better because you know they're going to end.'"


The character who says this is Violet, a girl who is dying. It really fits what I've been posting here. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to read Feed. It's worth it. 
Now to go find more quotes.

---
By the way, on a grammar note – there are three quotation marks around that quote. Two are because it is a quote; the third is for a quote within a quote (i.e. if someone is saying something). If you were in Britain, it would be reversed.

No comments:

Post a Comment