Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saying Goodbye, Day 5: Part 1

I've decided to do this post in two parts because the second part must stand alone for me.
Today was goodbye to my ballet school. My ballet teacher made me promise to write to them. She also gave me a "good spot," which is standing in front of the mirror. I won't deny that it was nice to have lots of space, but I rather dislike standing right up next to the mirror. Other than that, class was lots of fun – we learned grand pas de chat, which is now one of my favorite steps. My friend Yinuo half-suffocated me after class with a hug. It doesn't feel like leaving.
Character class was really great as well. My character teacher was in a good mood, and we learned a lot of new steps, including a plié in "Jewish character" which was enjoyable. We did a new Mazurka in the center. It was really strange to bid goodbye to my class - I see them four days a week. And then today - just a hug goodbye. Even some girls who I don't know that well hugged me.

Realness scale: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment