Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quote of the Week

I've decided to do it a day early this week, since tomorrow I won't have any time whatsoever, not to mention no internet. I've picked a few, because this week is so crazily out of the ordinary.

"Well, you know what? Life is change. There is no such thing as permanence." – My ballet teacher said this this week. He was referring to a girl who didn't want to shift her spot because it was where she always stood. But really, that's what is going on right now in my life. No permanence. Not even something long-lasting.

"As Hagrid had said, what would come, would come...and he would have to meet it when it did." – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling, page 752 (last line) of American paperback edition. This is one of my favorite Harry Potter lines ever, and that's saying a lot. It encompasses so much of what is going on right now. I don't know what is going to happen, but I'll get through it. When I first read it in fourth grade, it didn't affect me as much (I was too eager to get on to book 5), but when I rediscovered it this year, it was a little shocking, because that's exactly how I feel.

"So kiss me and smile for me / Tell me that you'll wait for me / Hold me like you'll never let me go / 'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane / Don't know when I'll be back again / Oh babe, I hate to go" – "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. I first heard this song at Nature's Classroom two months ago, when we sang it on our last night. I can't quite describe the shock I got when listening to it, followed by sadness. I think it was one of the first times I really did register that I was leaving. And even though I do know when I'll be back (it would really be depressing if I didn't), it felt like I was hearing my own situation. It literally almost made me cry.

Realness scale: 4

1 comment: