Friday, December 30, 2011

Reading

Today I have been reading.
I finished Feed by M. T. Anderson within three hours of starting. It made me think of technology a whole lot differently. It's about a society where "the feed," an electronic device installed into the brain, controls everything - what you do, what you buy, what goes on with your life. The main character, Titus, has always taken it for granted. Then he meets a girl named Violet, who decides to fight the feed.
Consider this a recommendation.
I am currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. By currently I mean that I just closed the book for a bit and am about to go back to it. Lots of people are surprised that I haven't read Hunger Games, but there you go. I'm reading it now, okay?
I am a swallow-books-whole reader. I read super fast through the book then go back and enjoy the bits I liked. And quotes stick in my mind - I'm not really sure how. I just gather small morsels of information. There are quotes I can remember from books I read two or three years back, perhaps more. But the unfortunate thing is, I can't force myself to memorize things. So much for that.
Now excuse me, I must go back to my book. The Games are about to start.

1 comment:

  1. If you liked that book, you should try the Uglies series. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete