Friday, December 30, 2011

I went to the movies

Yesterday I went to the movies. With my friends. It was awesome.
We went to see Tintin. My favorite part was the animation. Tintin looks amazing, especially because he looks like a living version of the cartoon. And Captain Haddock was quite accurate, whisky and all.
This whole thing was thrown together rather spontaneously, but it was all the more fun for it. I feel so repetitive when every time I mention my friends it comes down to "I-won't-have-this-anymore-so-I'm-enjoying-it" but it's exactly how I feel. And being around my friends makes me so content. I never want it to go away.
It feels almost surreal somehow that I won't be able to physically see them for six months. I know it's going to happen, but I can't feel it. That's the part I'm dreading - not being able to talk to them. I only realized this recently, when it all started to come down on me. Before that I was only looking at the full scope of the situation, the entirety of it, but now it's down to worrying about the little things. What if I forget something, what if I start losing words in English, what if I can't communicate with my friends. What if. It's a horrible game.
Ten days. The boxes are coming now, things are going to the attic. Boxes. I hate them. It feels like my life is being packed up. And all I can do is go along with it and feel like I'm about to cry but can't, I can't do anything, can't let it out, because I don't know what to feel, I can't...
And to think, ten used to be my lucky number.

1 comment:

  1. Since it's so near, I think you're starting to think of the worst situation, such as forgetting how to speak English. I'm sure nothing like that will happen in six months. Just remember, there will be a day that you return and all of your friends will be waiting. It might not be so bad.

    ReplyDelete