Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

Today is the last day of 2011. New Year's Eve. The day we look back on the past year. And what a year it was.
This year was eventful, to say the least. Outside of my own personal life, there were the Arab uprisings (along with the deaths of several leaders), Osama bin Laden's death, the Occupy movement, Harry Potter's last movie, the death of Steve Jobs, the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the end of the space program, and a wild year in weather. There are definitely more significant events.
2011 was a really hectic year for me. All I can say is that I'm glad I'm out of this mess. It was both a good and bad mess at times, but I'm glad it's over. For the moment, I'll be happy to close the book on this year and put it on the shelf for a bit. It was both painful and amazing, but most of all it was crazy. I want to scream from the rooftops how glad I am it's over.
It's been a harder year than some of the past ones. I learned a lot of things, among which was to let go and live in the present. That has made a definite improvement on my life.
I know that a lot of my latest blog posts have been either "I'm-about-to-go-mad" or "I-love-my-life" but that's really my life at the moment. I hope that in 2012 the latter continues and the former is eradicated. Unfortunately, I think that's against my nature, so I'll suffice it to say that I hope it appears minimally. All in all, I'm hoping 2012 will be a better year than this one, although in some ways this one was pretty dang good.
Happy last day of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment