Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holidays and Unexcitedness

Yesterday was the first night of Hanukka. And don't tell me to put an h at the end; I don't think it belongs there. If it didn't look so weird I would spell it Khanuka, because that, in my opinion, is the transliteration, or as close as you can get to it in English.
Anyway, enough about spelling. Today is the first night of Hanukka. Christmas is on Sunday. Kwanzaa starts on Monday. This holiday season has to be the one I have dreaded the most in my life.
Why? Oh, only because I am going on sabbatical ten days after it. No biggie. Nah. Six months away from home? Nothing to dread. Nothing to be uncertain about.
It's not that I'm dreading being there as much as I'm dreading not being here. I'm sort of looking forward to being there, but what about all that goes on here? What about my life here?
I don't know what to think.
Gah.
This is why I am unexcited for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment