Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Terrible Storm

Now, I'm not going to say that there weren't high winds and lots of rain in most of the country, but some of it has been overplayed to my Bostonian mind.

There were three centimeters of snow! *gasp* I know! Three centimeters! Wow! Amazing!

Now, you must understand that I practically laughed aloud when I heard the radio announcers saying in very serious voices that there had been "a lot of snow" and they had shut down streets and things...for three centimeters. In Boston, we don't even have a late start for school if there is under, what, six inches of snow? And that's about fifteen centimeters. Five times as much.

So no, Israelis, this snow does not excite me. Last year our total snowfall accumulated into meters. Note the absence of the prefix.

1 comment:

  1. ahahahaha this is so hilarious

    3 centimeters of snow and they shut down everything

    ahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete