Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ballet Accomplishments

I recently - that is, on Sunday - restarted ballet. After three weeks of nothing, it was good to be back. Yes, it was work. "Ballet is hard, and then you die."

Today, when we were traveling across the floor, I managed to do my first-ever double pirouette in which I stopped at the end on balance. Supposedly, everyone in Boston Ballet Intermediate 2 is supposed to know how to do that, but I never could. So this is major, and a great source of pride for me.

Of course, the rest of my pirouettes for the day were utterly horrible, but now I know that I am capable of doing a successful double pirouette (that was something doubtful earlier on). So it may well have been chance, but I'm going to take pride in it for all it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment