Monday, February 13, 2012

Handstands

PE class today. As usual, we ran five minutes at the beginning of class and stretched.

Then we went into pairs, dragged out the mats, and practiced handstands.

I went first out of my partner and I. First try: step, arms up, bend forward - faceplant. It was probably the most hilarious thing ever to the rest of the room, if they were watching. My second try worked, though, with my partner holding me up. Handstands are much easier than you'd think when you find the balance. I found it a few times, but I still had my partner hold me up because I was terrified of falling.

It ended up being quite fun, and now I find myself with the urge to do one. But there's no one to hold me up and also the floor is made of stone tiles or something of the sort, so...maybe it's not such a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment