Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quote of the Week: I Totally Forgot Edition

Erm, ehh, ah, I...forgot. Yeah. That's precisely what happened.

So this week I got an account on Teen Ink's website. Teen Ink is a magazine for teens, by teens. You publish pieces if writing and/or art on their website, which in turn are reviewed by editors and published online. Select work is put into the print magazine.

This week I submitted a poem about being a child. As I was typing the writer's comments, I remembered something that I heard Natalie Babbitt say when I went to an author gathering:

"Children are people....[When we were children] we were not just inanimate lumps of something. We did understand. We did know."

~Natalie Babbitt

To me this is an amazingly true quote. Children don't know the amount that adults do, but they are not nothing. Sometimes people forget the amount that children do know.

Cups of tea: 37ish

No comments:

Post a Comment