Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Who I am

Lately I've started to slightly question who I am.

Here I was a nerd who always read books and went on the internet.

In Israel, added to that, I was the one who called out all the time in math and English and had screaming conversations with boys which people gathered around to watch. I was the one who hit those same boys with books when they "misbehaved." My best friends were those boys.

Am I that girl?

Or am I the one I was here?

I liked that new start, the chance to create yourself perhaps slightly differently. I think, in my life, I'd like to do it again. But the thing is, I now have slightly different reputations. I wouldn't hang out with boys as much here (that would be vaguely unacceptable); I can't be sort-of-friends with the popular group; I can't hit people with books (that would be entirely unacceptable).

But both those people are part of me.

We'll have to see what high school throws into this mix...

No comments:

Post a Comment