Saturday, August 4, 2012

AAAAGH

Just a moment ago I was doing a bit of research for the story I'm writing and I got sidetracked. I was on a website on which someone was looking for reviews of a public school. You know what I found? And I quote directly:
"Like many in those communities that are concerned about the best school, start looking at the many excellent private schools in the area. Its never to early and you don't want your kids left behind."
I hate you, whoever you are. Or - I suppose, I hate your opinions on this. Firstly: "it's," not "its" at the beginning of the second sentence. And, oh yes, I'm going to public school. Behind, am I?

Do you want your children to be mentally stable or pressured to the point of breaking? Now, maybe I'm exaggerating, but that really bothers me, that people want to push children and teens to their limits. Of course, if the area in which you live does not have good public schools, by all means send them to a private school. If they want to go to a private school, brilliant. But if you're only interested in grades - NO.

And "it's never too early"?! What about preschool? Is that too early?

You wonder why America has low scores on standardized tests. Firstly: do we care about standardized tests? Not particularly. Secondly: ever thought of toning down the pressure? That does wonders for learning. And I speak from experience: in some cases, I got much better scores in Israel just because there was no pressure.

Okay. I'm done now. This just really gets to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment