Friday, August 10, 2012

Watching Crash Course

That's what I'm doing. I don't really watch the biology ones as much but I do watch world history (because, you know, world history is the single thing that American education up to grade seven or so does not really teach - yeah, I know about the Native Americans and I've learned the American Revolution about three times, don't wonder why I'm not that interested in class).

This week's video was about the French Revolution. I learned all about it in Israel. It was cool.

Then, a picture of Marie Antoinette came up and the little "did you know" thing said "The cake was a lie."

Me: The cake was a lie?
Me: ...
Me: THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Me: LET THEM EAT CAKE!
Me: OH MY FREAKING GOD I GET IT!

And then it was chair happy dance time.

(If you get only half the things I'm saying in this blog post, go see the awesome that are John and Hank Green on Vlogbrothers and Crash Course. Join the Nerdfighters! We are made of awesome!)

(Marie Antoinette never exactly said "Let them eat cake" so the cake WAS a lie.)

(Also, excuse me for being vaguely disconnected with some aspects of popular culture.)

(And excuse the excessive parentheses.)

(I read once in Writer's Digest that you should not use parentheses. At all.)

(I don't really care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment