Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Leaf Crunching

On the way to my house from practically everywhere, I pass this tree.

Now, this tree is no ordinary tree. Each leaf is twenty centimeters (about eight inches) long at least. And when they're just dry and crumpled enough, they make the most wonderful crunching sound.

I love crunching leaves here because they don't come in mounds like they do in Massachusetts. Plus I love the sound. It's so satisfying.

Today I was walking home from the bus-thing (it's a monit kav hamesh, but never mind) from Dizengoff Center, and I realized that the tree had shed an extra-lot of leaves and they were awesomely dry and crumpled. So I crunched them.

It was awesome. Perhaps the highlight of my day.

(I should remind you that I am over five years old. But who cares?)

No comments:

Post a Comment