Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Annoyance of Builders

So we're having the building renovated. Not big things, they just mostly fixed up the outside, along with a few touch-ups on the stairwell.

Right now they're re-doing the walkway and the patio (I don't know what else to call it). Each day either the front or the back door is blocked, so people have to go around depending on where they're going.

Twice now I've annoyed people by walking in the wrong place.

I'm not one for taking the long way. Long ways annoy me. So when I have to go around, I try to shorten it a bit. One time I walked on something that looked right and solid to me but supposedly wasn't.

"Why, why, why?" said the guy who saw me. "Just go around like a normal person!"

"Sorry, I didn't know."

"What do you mean you didn't know?"

I just went around. May I say that no harm was done to the cement whatsoever: it stayed flat. No footprints or dents or anything.

Then today, I got home from ballet and took a look at the front door. It looked blocked-off. I went around. That looked blocked-off too. I went around, then back again. I decided to take my chances with the back door.

Then someone got out of the elevator from inside.

"Can't you see it's blocked off?"

"So is the front door."

"The front door is open."

"Well, it doesn't look like it."

Can I make a point that I walked on the same piece of patio this morning and I avoided the parts I knew were wet? How stupid do they think I am?

So I walked around to the front door. Turns out the tape was only tied from the wall to the doorknob and the door was not blocked at all.

"Thanks much?" I muttered angrily, ripping the tape off the doorknob.

I stomped upstairs. Building is annoying.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand (fairly) how annoyed you are :(

    Hopefully it gets better.

    ReplyDelete