Friday, January 4, 2013

Reacting

So since I am obsessed with my girlfriend, naturally I would talk about her a lot. Since she goes to a different school, nobody knows her - that is, nobody who didn't go to middle school with us.

Yesterday she came to school with me because she could, and the reactions were quite amusing.

Physics class

Person: Betty?
My girlfriend: Yup!
(he looks extremely confused)
Him: But...don't you go to, like...BU or something?
My girlfriend: Yup!
(his expression grows more confused)

French

Me: Hey everyone, this is Betty, she's visiting -
Another person: BETTY! HEEEEY!

On the Way to Advisory

Betty: Hey, Jeff!
Jeff: Hey, Betty - wait, what are you doing here?

On the Way Out of Advisory

Betty (to someone from middle school): Hey!
Him: Hey - oh, Jesus Christ.

On the Way to Lunch

Me: Hey, Kate, this is Betty!
Kate: Wait - you're Betty? You're real? She's real! Oh my god! She's real! She's pretty! Oh my god! I ship it! I ship it!
(She tackle-hugs Betty)

Generic Reaction Which Wasn't Really Amusing, Just Expected

Someone: Betty! Hi! We missed you!

Chorus

Super-Chill Girl from Frosh play: Is that her?
Me: Yep.
Her: Cool. That's nice.

Math

Mathy person: Hey, you're in this class?
Betty: I don't even go here! I haven't been here all year!

7 comments:

  1. This post really just made my day (or night, since it is night now)! I just found it really amusing! All those reactions! Haha!! It's like the kind of thing that would happen to me! :)

    Just one question: Your school already started? I was just wondering because I thought most schools start this Monday.

    Sorry for my weirdness right now... I'm just in a really good mood (because of this post). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ice-rain! I assure you that these made me giggle in person as well :)

      Yes, my school already started - we started on Wednesday, sadly, since I go to public school and we need to cram in 180 days. I don't dislike it, but vacation is always really nice! :)

      Delete
    2. Well that's good then. :) I go to public school too and for me, we have three weeks of winter break, but we have a shorter summer by a week or two, I believe, and our school days may be a bit longer. It all evens out, though. :)

      Delete
    3. Three weeks?! Oh, wow, that must be really nice. Do you have February and/or April vacation?

      Delete
    4. Yeah, it is really nice. Originally (like in 4th grade and before) we had two weeks of winter vacation, but lots of people were taking an extra week of to go on trips, so the district just added a third week to our break. The down side of it is that you have so much time that you end up wasting it. I'm guilty of that... Maybe I'll do something productive next week... :)
      We don't have February vacation but we do have April vacation, which is usually one week. In February, the most time we have off is two days, I believe.

      Delete
  2. By the way, my favorite reaction:

    Betty (to someone from middle school): Hey!
    Him: Hey - oh, Jesus Christ.

    The one with that girl Kate is my second favorite, and the one with the person in your physics class is next, not that you needed to know. :)

    ReplyDelete