Thursday, January 3, 2013

Just Dance

Recently I have begun to really miss modern dance.

Of course, the reason I didn't take modern this year is because it's on Friday at 4, which is a really uncomfortable time.

But I've started to just turn on some music and dance to it sometimes - often Hebrew music, since I feel really strongly connected to it. That's really crucial for me - a strong connection to the music itself, not only to the words.

And it's wonderful when I start to feel almost possessed by the music, just letting it carry me where it will.

I personally prefer modern and improv to classical, because I have not yet reached the point in classical where I can dance without thinking. Modern often requires a more relaxed posture, which I quite like.

So I have realized - if I'm feeling down or undecided or irritated, I should go find some empty space, turn on some music, and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment