Saturday, November 17, 2012

IHOP Night

Well, last night was opening night, and tonight was middle night, and both were SO AWESOME, and then we went to IHOP.

We arrived and sat down and took superlong to decide what we were ordering and I ended up getting hot chocolate and pancakes. They were good, if sugary. It wasn't really the food that counted.

We were the only group in the small IHOP universe for a while, and then this other cast from somewhere arrived. They were juniors and seniors. At first we kept to ourselves, then we mingled a bit, then this girl named Kate made a speech and everyone applauded and then.

One guy from the other table comes over to her with a napkin.

Him: Hey.
Him: I just met you.
Kate: ...?
Him: And this is crazy.
Him: But here's my number.
Him: So...
Him: Call me, maybe?

At which point everyone screamed and clapped and went insane. It was excellent. I was hyper. We took a photo that near-perfectly embodies our existence as a group. Our director left eventually, and then people started leaving. But I had the time of my life.

Later, when we were leaving, some people from the other table, who we didn't really know at all, came and hugged us. I really, really like theater people. Generally amazing and somewhat insane.

I love all of the people in Frosh play. There is simply nothing like it. I love our closeness as a cast, how well we know each other, how we have inside jokes and we always have something to talk about. It's kind of beautiful. I'm going to have serious post-play depression. It's culminating in closing night tomorrow. I don't want it to end. I've loved every minute, and I'll miss it so much. All the work, everything - it ends up glorious. Glorious enough that I can get all sappy and sentimental like I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shira
    I don't know if you remember me. I blogged for a short while last December and early this January on my blog "Turn and Wave to Me" and I believe you were one of my followers. (Thank you for following me, by the way.)
    Anyway, I re-stumbled across your blog yesterday and wanted to read what I missed, so I read through practically every one of your posts since yesterday. I would just like to say that I think your writing is amazing and reading your blog is like reading a novel (a really good novel, for that matter). In fact, I honestly think it could be published as a novel. I just absolutely love it! If becoming a professional author is your goal, I would definitely recommend for you to stick to it, because you are a very talented young writer. I'm also in ninth grade and I enjoy writing but you're definitely loads better than I am.
    Well, that's all I wanted to say. (Perhaps there was more that I'm forgetting, but I don't know at this point.) Oh, did I mention I love your blog? :)

    ~ice-rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, ice-rain! It really means a lot. I definitely remember you! And I would really encourage you to get back to blogging - your blog was really great to read too!

      I'm really glad you like what I do!

      ~ Shira

      Delete